Buddies Book Club – Think Dog
Headline – Buddies Book Club – Think Dog
In this Buddies Book Club blog, we take a look at ‘Think Dog’ by John Fisher.
In this fabulous book focusing on pet psychology, Author John Fisher explores how a dogs mind works. Fisher draws from personal practical experience alongside his work as a canine behaviourist to give us an insight into mans best friend.
Fisher worked as a full-time canine behaviourist with practices in Surrey and London. He also lectured on canine behaviour and was a founder member of the ‘Association of Pet Behaviour Consultants’.
The book opens with an introduction to dogs, how a dog’s mind develops, how dogs learn and how they interact with human families. Right from their origins as pack animals to their integration to as a pet.
Part two looks into a positive approach to problem behaviour and all aspects linked.
Part three then concludes with an A-Z of common canine problems, the main causes and ways to combat them.
Think Dog has given an insight into aspects of dog ownership and behavioural issues that would never have crossed my mind. The book has now been added to the Buddies Book Club shelf for team members to read.
A great introduction for those with an interest in dog psychology.
Have you read this book? We would love to hear your thoughts. Email us at Hello@Buddies.co.uk. If you have recently read a dog-based book that you particularly enjoyed, we would also like to hear from you.
Not read the book yet? Don’t worry; we are giving away a copy of ‘Think Dog’ over on our Facebook page. All you need to do to enter the draw is like the giveaway post and comment with the hashtag #BuddiesBookClub before midnight on Thursday 23rd August..
Buddies General Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must be a UK resident
- All competitions are free to enter
- Entrants must be following us on the social platform on which they enter the competition
- If you win a competition, we will notify you via the social platform on which you entered. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within two weeks, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant
- The prize is not transferable to another person
- No prize or part of a prize is exchangeable for cash, tickets or services
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason
- Inappropriate language or content will be removed at the earliest possibility and not be considered
- Any personal information and contact details you supply will be used only for the purposes of administering the competition
- The competition closes midnight Thursday 23rd August
- The winner will be chosen at random
- The winner will receive a copy of ‘Think dog’
- The winner will be announced on our Facebook page
- Competition is hosted by Buddies Pet Insurance, 1 Saxon House, Saxon Way West, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 9EZ