In this Buddies Book Club blog, we take a look at ‘Off the Leash’ by the super talented Rupert Fawcett.
Rupert Fawcett is an English cartoonist from London, who became a professional cartoonist almost by accident. In 1989, whilst doodling, he drew a bald man in braces and carpet slippers and called him Fred. The Fred cartoons went on to be syndicated in the Mail on Sunday, were published in several books, and to date over nine million Fred greetings cards have been sold in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
In 2012, Rupert created Off The Leash, launching it on its own Facebook page, Off The Leash Dog Cartoons, where it states that their mission is to ‘Give dogs a forum to express their feelings’. Off The Leash now has a following of over 800,000 people on Facebook and three bestselling books have been published.
‘Off the Leash – A Dog’s Best Friend’ is a firm favourite in the Buddies office. There are so many relatable illustrations, and they had members of the team laughing out loud.
Have you read this book? We would love to hear your thoughts. Email us at Hello@Buddies.co.uk. If you have recently read a dog-based book that you particularly enjoyed, we would also like to hear from you.
Not read the book yet? Don’t worry; we are giving away a copy of ‘Off the Leash – A Dog’s Best Friend’ over on our social media pages. All you need to do to enter the draw is like the giveaway post and comment with the hashtag #BuddiesBookClub before midnight on Friday 16th November.
Buddies General Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must be a UK resident
- All competitions are free to enter
- Entrants must be following us on the social platform on which they enter the competition
- If you win a competition, we will notify you via the social platform on which you entered. If we cannot contact you, or you do not respond, within two weeks, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant
- The prize is not transferable to another person
- No prize or part of a prize is exchangeable for cash, tickets or services
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason
- Inappropriate language or content will be removed at the earliest possibility and not be considered
- Any personal information and contact details you supply will be used only for the purposes of administering the competition
- Employees of Buddies or any associated company of Buddies and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- The competition closes midnight Friday 16th November
- The winner will be chosen at random
- The winner will receive a copy of ‘Off the Leash – A Dog’s Best Friend’
- The winner will be announced on our Facebook page on Monday 19th November
- Competition is hosted by Buddies Pet Insurance, 1 Saxon House, Saxon Way West, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 9EZ