Sunday 1st April saw the launch of National Pet Month throughout the UK. In this blog we take a look at what this means and how you can get involved.
Now in its 27th year, this year National Pet Month takes place 1st April – 7th May 2018
The aim of National Pet Month is to raise awareness of responsible pet ownership and celebrate the benefits of pet ownership.
Here are NPM’s top tips for responsible pet ownership…
- Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
- Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
- Provide a nutritious and well-balanced diet.
- Provide suitable housing and bedding.
- Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
- Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
- Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
- Groom your pet regularly.
- Control your pet and ensure it is properly identified.
- Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third-party liability.
There are events taking place across the UK in support of National Pet Month. You can find out more about events taking place near you here.
You can also organise our own event! More information about how you can do this, and the support available can be found here.
If you are hosting or attending a NPM event, we would love to hear about it and see your photos. Email Hello@Buddies.co.uk.